Jinan Fuxue Confucian Temple is located in Lixia District, which is adjacent to Furong Street in the south and Daming Lake in the north. Since its opening in 2010, the Confucian Temple has successfully held the "New Year Prayer Celebration", "Chinese Classics Reading Party", "Confucian Temple Lecture Room", "Exhibition of North Korean Oil Painters", "Mature Ceremony", and other public welfare cultural activities such as the writing competition. Jinan Fuxue Confucian Temple has gradually become an area to further promote the excellent traditional Chinese cultures and a dissemination center for spreading the widely recognized Confucian cultures.
History of Jinan Fuxue Confucian Temple
Jinan Fuxue Confucian Temple was founded during 1068-1077 of the Song Dynasty, which collapsed at the end of Yuan Dynasty. It was rebuilt in 1369 of Ming Dynasty. During the Qing Dynasty, it was renovated many times, but the scale and architectural layout were still basically maintained to the features of the one in Ming Dynasty. After 1949s, the Fuxue Confucian Temple was occupied by elementary schools and factories so that many buildings were destroyed.
In 2005, it began the renovation constructions. The remaining ancient buildings were restored and the demolished parts were rebuilt. The restored temple restores the functions of sacrificial rites, which has become the core part of Jinan's historical and cultural preservation area.
Main attractions of Jinan Fuxue Confucian Temple
The Screen Wall is located outside the Fuxue Confucian Temple, facing to the Dacheng Gate to the north. It is 9.85 meters long, about 5 meters high and 0.95 meters thick. It is made of bricks with the glazed tile roof. There is a circular brick carving decorative pattern in the middle of its north part, which is a cultural relic of the Qing Dynasty.
The Dacheng Gate is 10.8 meters wide and 6.33 meters deep. The top of the roof is covered with the yellow glazed tiles. The eaves are covered with colorful decorations.
The Pan Pool is nearly semi-circular with an arc facing to the south and the northern bank is 37.4 meters long. The pond is surrounded by the white stones.
The Pan Bridge spans north and south from the middle of the pool. It is a bluestone arch bridge with a length of 19 meters and a width of 2.88 meters. It has a total of five holes. During the rebuilding process, the construction staff also discovered the Panchi relics of the Ming Dynasty, which were restored.