Qingyang Palace (or Qing Yang Gong), located in the southwest of Chengdu Sichuan Province, is one of China's famous ancient Taoist temples. The Qingyang Palace has witnessed the history of thousands of years. It was firstly built in the Western Zhou Dynasty and flourished since the Tang Dynasty. By the end of the Ming Dynasty, the temple was unfortunately destroyed by natural disasters and mutinies. What we can see now is the reconstructed building of the Emperor Kangxi of the Qing Dynasty.
The most precious cultural relic in Qingyang Palace is a collection of Taoist scriptures, which are the most completely well-preserved ones in the world. The scriptures also become the precious materials for studying Taoism.
Sanqing Hall is the main hall of Qingyang Palace. It was built in Tang Dynasty and rebuilt in 1669 (Qing Dynasty). The temple is dedicated to the three highest-rank and most venerable gods of Taoism. In front of the Sanqing temple are the two eye-catching bronze goat scriptures: On the left are single-horned one and on the right are double-horned one.
Hunyuan Palace is the second main hall of the Qingyang palace, which enshrines the most honorable Taoist deity, namely the Taishanglaojun.
The Eight Trigrams Pavilion, located between Sanqing Hall and Hunyuan Palace, is a landmark architecture that highlights the doctrine of the Taoism.
Doumu Hall was built in Ming Dynasty. Doumu, enshrined in the temple is a Taoist goddess.
Jade Emperor Hall is located behind Doumu Hall. The jade emperor, who is the second honorable god in Taoism, is worshipped on the upper floor of the temple.