Best-selected route: top attractions in Lhasa, Gyantse, and Shigatse
Once-in-a-life-time expedition: Mount Everest, the roof of the world
Guaranteed departure: start on every Tuesday with minimum 2 travelers
Worry-free service: comfortable all-inclusive package
Day 1 (Tue) Lhasa
Day 2 (Wed) Lhasa
The Sera Monastery, one of the three most distinguished monasteries in Lhasa, is famous for its tantric teachings.
Day 3 (Thu) Lhasa - Yamdrok Tso – Gyantse - Shigatse (360km, 7 hours’ driving)
Day 4 (Fri) Shigatse - Shelkar (240km, 5 hours’ driving)
Day 5 (Sat) Shelkar - Mount Everest Base Camp - Shelkar (100km, 2 hour’ driving)
Early morning, take a car ride to the Everest Base Camp, where you can enjoy the natural wonder of the highest peak in the world.
Day 6 (Sun) Shelkar - Lhasa (520km, 10 hour’ driving)
From March to November
Guaranteed departure on every Tuesday based on minimum of 2 travelers
About Tibet Travel Permits:
1. All foreign travelers are required to have the Tibet Travel Permit (or Tibet Permit, Tibet Entry Permit) in hand before entering Tibet. The Tibet Travel Permit is issued by Tibet Administration to the authorized travel agencies, but not to individual travelers directly.
2. CITS handle Tibet Permit application for guests who booked Tibet tour package from us. Travelers can either take a tailored private tour or join in a group tour. The tour package should include services of tour guide, automobile, sightseeing & accommodation. Please be advised that we do NOT offer “permit-only” service.
3. The Tibet Permit needs to be applied at least 20 days prior to arrival in Tibet, so we suggest travelers send the tour inquiry at least 30 days in advance.
4. The general travel information (including tour dates, travelers’ personal information, destinations in Tibet…) will be attached to the Tibet Permit, so the travel itinerary could not be changed once the tour is confirmed.
5. All travelers can get Tibet Permit through an authorized travel agency except diplomats, journalists, and government officials who should travel to Tibet under the arrangement by the Foreign Affairs Office of Tibet Government.
How to book a Tibet tour with Tibet Travel Permit:
Step1: Traveler sends a travel inquiry to CITS.
Step 2: CITS travel counselor sends you an itinerary and quote. We are pleased to make any changes as per your request before you are completely satisfied with the tour proposal.
Step 3: Book the tour and make the payment via bank transfer or PayPal. Payment needs to be received by us at least 20 days before your arrival.
Step 4: Send us the following document & information:
- A scanned copy of your passport (photo page);
- A scanned copy of your China visa (tourist visa);
- All travelers’ information including full names, gender, date of birth, passport number, nationality and occupation;
Step 5: Your travel counselors will confirm the tour and send you an email attached with the confirmation & voucher.
Step 6: When you leave for Lhasa you will need to show the original copy of the Tibet permit when checking in at the airport or railway station. The permit will be delivered to our local office in the departure city. You will need to pick it up from the local office. If you booked the land service at that city, our guide will pass the permit to you.
-- English-speaking guide
-- Air-conditioned coach or van
-- Land transfers between airport or railway station and hotel
-- Entrance tickets as listed
-- 3 star hotels in Lhasa and Gyantse, 2 star hotel in Shelkar with daily breakfasts
-- Tibet Travel Permit
-- Service charge & government taxes
-- Lunch or dinner
-- Flight or train ticket
-- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, phone bills, optional activities
-- Tips for guides and drivers
-- Chinese Visa
-- Travel insurance