Qingzhi Mountain locates in Lianjiang County, on the north bank of the Minjiang River, just over 30 kilometers away from Fuzhou. It is one of the six famous mountains in Fujian Province. Qingzhi Mountain formed by a crustal movement at the mouth of the Minjiang River of 100 million years ago. It has a history of more than 400 years. The altitude of the mounatin is 150 meters above the sea level. It has a total area of 11.37 square kilometers. There are 316 scenic spots in the mountain with the rocky rocks, clear water and the deep forests.
Main attractions at Qingzhi Mountain
It is said that there were the blue and purple ganoderma growing on the mountain in the ancient times; hence it was named as Qingzhi Mountain. The mountain is also called Baidong Mountain or Hundred Cave Mountain because it has many caves in the mountain. The mountain is famous for its magnificent mountains and numerous caves.
It has many ancient buildings: Qingzhi Temple, Meihuanglou, Linsencanggu Pagoda, etc. There are also attractions formed by creeks and strange-shaped rocks and peaks, such as the Five Peaks, Sixteen Rocks, and Thirty-Five Stones.
In 1612 of Ming Dynasty, Dong Yingju of Ministry of Industry resigned and returned to the nature. He built the Qingzhi Temple in the mountain. In 1887 during the Qing Dynasty, the Dashi Hall in the temple was renovated. But the temple was destroyed in 1931 due to the fire. The officer of the local government, Lin Sen, rebuilt the temple in 1934. The temple is not big, but very exquisite and unique. After the reconstruction in recent years, the temple has a new appearance.
Meihua Building is located on the left of Qingzhi Temple. It was originally built during 1621 to 1627 of Ming Dynasty, in the Meiyu Village under the mountain. At that time, Dong Yingju returned to his hometown to repair this house, Meihua Building. In 1919, the villagers rebuilt the scenic spots: they moved the old buildings next to the Qingzhi Temple and planted some plum trees outside the building.
Cungu Tower was built by Lin Sen personally in 1926, and it is a Provincial Cultural Relics Protection Unit. The tower is made of bluestone and is composed of three parts. The total height is 7.4 meters. The base width is 5.7 meters, covering for 34.8 square meters.
Qingzhi Mountain used to be a renowned gathering place of celebrities and poets of different dynasties. There are still 72 cliff carvings from the Ming Dynasty preserved well in the mountain. Among which, the cursive script of Ye Xianggao, the prime minister of the Ming Dynasty, the running script of Chen Baochen, a bachelor of the Qing Cabinet, and the regular script of Zuo Zongtang, the founder of the Fujian Shipbuilding Administration are the most admired by tourists.