Day 1 Lhasa
Day 2 Lhasa
The Sera Monastery, one of the three most distinguished monasteries in Lhasa, is famous for its tantric teachings.
Day 3 Lhasa
The Norbulingkha is the summer palace of the Dalai Lama.
The Barkhor Street, Lhasa's old market, is full of vendors selling their wares. The smell of Yak butter is wafting in the air and hundreds of pilgrims are moving in a clockwise direction.
Day 4 Lhasa - Yamdruktso Lake - Lhasa (by automobile)
About Tibet Travel Permits:
1. All foreign travelers are required to have the Tibet Travel Permit (or Tibet Permit, Tibet Entry Permit) in hand before entering Tibet. The Tibet Travel Permit is issued by Tibet Administration to the authorized travel agencies, but not to individual travelers directly.
2. CITS handle Tibet Permit application for guests who booked Tibet tour package from us. Travelers can either take a tailored private tour or join in a group tour. The tour package should include services of tour guide, automobile, sightseeing & accommodation. Please be advised that we do NOT offer “permit-only” service.
3. The Tibet Permit needs to be applied at least 20 days prior to arrival in Tibet, so we suggest travelers send the tour inquiry at least 30 days in advance.
4. The general travel information (including tour dates, travelers’ personal information, destinations in Tibet…) will be attached to the Tibet Permit, so the travel itinerary could not be changed once the tour is confirmed.
5. All travelers can get Tibet Permit through an authorized travel agency except diplomats, journalists, and government officials who should travel to Tibet under the arrangement by the Foreign Affairs Office of Tibet Government.
How to book a Tibet tour with Tibet Travel Permit:
Step1: Traveler sends a travel inquiry to CITS.
Step 2: CITS travel counselor sends you an itinerary and quote. We are pleased to make any changes as per your request before you are completely satisfied with the tour proposal.
Step 3: Book the tour and make the payment via bank transfer or PayPal. Payment needs to be received by us at least 20 days before your arrival.
Step 4: Send us the following document & information:
- A scanned copy of your passport (photo page);
- A scanned copy of your China visa (tourist visa);
- All travelers’ information including full names, gender, date of birth, passport number, nationality and occupation;
Step 5: Your travel counselors will confirm the tour and send you an email attached with the confirmation & voucher.
Step 6: When you leave for Lhasa you will need to show the original copy of the Tibet permit when checking in at the airport or railway station. The permit will be delivered to our local office in the departure city. You will need to pick it up from the local office. If you booked the land service at that city, our guide will pass the permit to you.
- Private English-speaking tour guide
- Private air-conditioned van
- Land transfers between airport and hotel
- Entrance ticket as listed
- Lunch as listed
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Service charge & government taxes
- Tibet Travel Permit
- Flight and train ticket
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax fee, phone bills, optional activities
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- China Visa
- Travel insurance