The Hall of Imperial Supremacy had been turned into the Exhibition Hall of Fine Arts of the Palace Museum till 2004, housing more than 100,000 paintings dating from the Jin Dynasty (265-420) to the end of the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). After careful protection and renovation, the Hall of Imperial Supremacy is to re-open for appreciation to its original display, where was used for emperors to receive felicitations from ministers and officials.
The Hall of Imperial Supremacy is also translated by the Palace Museum as the Hall of Norms of Government. It was built in 1689 during the Qing Dynasty (1644-1912) and was called the Palace of Peace and Longevity (Ning Shou Gong) but was renamed in 1776. The name for the hall comes from the Book of History and means that the "Emperor sets the supreme rules."