Day 1 Lanzhou
Day 2 Lanzhou - Zhangye (by bullet train)
Day 3 Zhangye - Jiayuguan (by automobile)
The Wooden Pagoda Temple was firstly built by Emperor Suiwen of the Sui Dynasty (581–618). Although destroyed and rebuilt several times, the Wooden Pagoda still is a magnificent architecture with its distinct and traditional features.
Wei-Jin Tombs is a large tomb group with some 1400 tombs built in Wei and Jin Period (AD220-419), famous for its vivid murals and special layouts.
Day 4 Jiayuguan - Dunhuang (by automobile)
Take a visit to the First Beacon Tower of the Great Wall. The beacon tower was an important part of the defense system in Jiayuguan Pass.
Day 5 Dunhuang
The Crescent Moon Lake & Singing Sand Dunes are famous attractions in Dunhuang. From a distance make sure to listen carefully for the whistling tunes among the sand dunes. If you are feeling adventurous, take an optional camel ride (on your own expense).
- Private English-speaking tour guide
- Private air-conditioned coach or car
- Bullet train ticket from Lanzhou to Zhangye
- Land transfers between airport and hotel
- Entrance tickets as listed
- Lunch as listed
- Hotel accommodations with breakfast
- Service charge & government taxes
- Any flight ticket
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax fee, phone bills, optional activities
- Tips for guides and drivers
- China Visa
- Travel insurance