In autumn, a defining feature is dryness, which is likely to affect the lungs and respiratory tract. But people tend to be unaware of the fact that they are losing water quickly, since they don't actually sweat. But, in fact, the dry air will cause water to evaporate from the body 24 hours through the pores, unnoticed, and it is critical for the body to have enough water.
From the ancient times, Chinese ancestors were aware that drinking healthy porridge or soup in the fall can be ideal for staying healthy. There are several benefits. Firstly, drinking porridge or soup can avoid constipation, beneficial for the digestive system. Secondly, when served with appetizing food, porridge or soup can promote the appetite and add strength to the body. Thirdly, hot porridge or soup is useful in soothing the throat and avoiding throat dryness. Fourthly, hot porridge or soup is helpful to prevent people from getting a cold. And finally for the old people, porridge or soup containing whole grains is rich in nutrients and dietary fiber is the best choice.
Here we give the recipe of the two most popular soup and porridge, rib soup with lotus root and coix seed with red beans porridge
Coix seed with red beans porridge
Coix seed, red bean, glutinous rice, dates, Chinese wolfberries.
1. Soak red beans in water for 2 hours, coix seed and glutinous rice for 20 minutes.
2. Clean dates and cut them into small pieces. Clean Chinese wolfberries.
3. If you have a pressure cooker, put all the ingredients in and simmer for about 2 hours, then it's done. If you are not using a pressure cooker, see the next step.
4. Add water to a pot, when boiling, put red beans in. Wait until it reaches the boiling point again, then add the coix seeds, stir slowly and simmer with the lid on for 40 minutes. Then add glutinous rice, dates, wolfberries and simmer for another 25 minutes.
Coix seed has many health functions and is good for the spleen. Beans are a healthy source of protein, low in fat, and cholesterol-free. Red beans are also a good source of iron and fiber, aiding digestion. The congee is a diet meal, but also helps our body nourish the blood and hydrate our skin.
Rib soup with lotus root
2 clumps of spare ribs, 1 cob of sweet corn and 1 lotus root , ginger, 1 bunch spring onions. sauces: vinegar, salt, rice wine
1. Segment the corn and spring onions into slices.Chop the lotus root and thinly slice the ginger.
2. Wash the ribs thoroughly and drizzle with rice wine and vinegar. Sauté the ribs mixed with oil over high heat. Sauté until browned.
3. Slip the ribs, lotus root, corn, spring onions, and ginger slices into an electric cooker. Stir in enough water to cover the mixture.
4. Simmer on the medium rib setting until cooked.
5. Done and enjoy hot!